Thanxalot

Abe(SA)

A word of thanks to all the folks that help and assist me especially at the beginning

during the first stages of my Weekender's building.Most of the group might not know

of my exsistance as people come and go or might even forgot about me because I did not respond a lot but I still think I am the first to built a Weekender in South Africa.

After 3 years and having to move three times I am finally finishing my Weekender in a week or two.I sticked to most of the plans but made some changes to the steering after I have been pondering on it for two and a half years.What upsets me the most of the steering mechanism is the u-bolt that protrudes outside the boat(on the rubrail) and all the knots that have to be made inside the lazarette.So an idea just pop up to get the adjusting outside and at the rear of the rudder.After all who wants to scar a ladies face or scratch yourself everytime you pass by it or even worse in a situation of "man overboard"he might receive two parallel red lines from his back shoulder to well some part south of his anatomy.............

To try to describe it would take a stack of time and perhaps some overheating of my dutch brain.They always say something like; a picture says more than a thousand words so I would gladly share my idea with the group and if Mike find it worthwhile he

are just as welcome to include it as a second option on the steering plans.During my

schooldays I had a teacher that taught us the following: "The Americans have a motto"-"Everything you can do I can do better"I don't think I have done it better but I sure hope I it is just as good:-))Feel free to use it or mail it to the dustbin but when -ever you use it just mention to it as "the South African's version;\("

So if anybody of you are willing to get the digital photos on the discussion board or at a webpage I would e-mail you some images with short descriptions-as mentioned under the above "condition" and as long as it is free and that the idea belongs to the group and the Weekender plans.

This ol lady is going to be "baptized" Span-ni-sijl" it mite look like Chinese but if I translate it freely it would sound something like this: ''Hoyst-ta-sale"

Well to everybody-thanxalot-keep on making some sawdust!

Abe

Hi Abe,

You can upload a digital picture from your computer directly to the site now that you're registered. Right below the message box you type your message in there is a section called "Add an Attachment". There's a Filename box and a "Browse" button you can click to search your computer for the file. You can enter a "File Comment" if you want (it appears as a caption). Once you click the "Add Attachment" button, it uploads from your computer to our server here at messing-about.com. You won't see the picture until you click on "Submit" to submit your post, but the filename will be listed as an attachment.