Spindrifts

Guest pepstuge

Guest pepstuge

Im a little lost on this spindrift thing,im thinking of building one,I cant seem to find pics of them(nice pic) more then just the ones on this page.I don think I should have to buy a cd or plans to see what the boat looks like,I well buy all that when i seen the boat and think is what I whant...am I the only one thinking this way about this boat?if any of you has a spindrift I would love to see the pic if you have one. thanks ......................... pepstuge

• 4 weeks later...

Guest hmike2000

My thoughts are the same regarding lack of pictures. All that I can figure is that B&B is so uptight about someone copying or figuring out thier own design based on the pics. Before I invest 50 some bucks for a set of plans I would at least like to see a few pics other than what is on the B&B website.

Unfortunately HMike2000 you never asked us for a "few" pictures. The study plans and CD for which we charge has OVER 100 pictures plus a goodly selection of pages from the plan. The CD is a companion for the building plans, so you're only "out of pocket" for the study comes to about $5.00. Which just about pays for us to send it to you. However, if a person e-mails us that he/she is interested in a specific model or wants a specific view of some point we are more than happy to e-mail a few pictures to clarify any questions they may have. Moreover, you are more than welcome to stop by here, where you can see Spindrifts, sail Spindrifts and meet Spindrift owners to your hearts content. Generally if you live along either coast, we can direct you to an owner who will show you his/her boat.

We are absolutely not paranoid. If someone thinks that they can do their "own thing" from the photos they are welcome to try. In the study plan sheets we also send a lot of information - so they can try to do it from that too. The Spindrift has been professionaly designed, has been refined over many years and has over 440 boats out there...and it would cost a lot more than $50.00 to duplicate that kind of depth knowledge and experience.

I guess in this day and age, there is a general feeling that itellectual property has no real value - music is copied with no thought of compensating the people who wrote, produced, performed and marketed it. I am not an amateur designer who is just so delighted to have my designed being seen out there that I am willing to pay people (or spend my money to send out "free" samples). I have to pay my bills too and this is what we do for a living - nothing else. I'll bend over backwards to help a person decide what boat to build...to refer them, to give them information within reason. If there is an expense to me to get that information to them I think I am being quite reasonable in requesting that they pick up the tab. I don't think you will find any designer willing to send you over 100 pictures of a given model for FREE unless he is an amateur with only 1 or 2 designs. We have many, many models and could not possibly put it ALL on our web site for each one.

Wow,

With all this talk, I found my way back (again) to the B&B site and had a good look at this little tender. She looks great and her racing history says a lot. Now I am thinking of building one myself. After my modest success at putting together the Core Sound 20 and with my confidence in Graham's designs and assistance, you might just see me at the next B&B messabout with a couple of B&B winners in tow.

Pat

Did you bring some pics of your CS-17 to Alaska Pat? I am in terrible trouble. I broused B&B Yachts. Where was I when I was looking for Plans? I like my Vacationer, but I fell in love with the Sharpies. V-bottom construction, look out Homer, Ak and Soldovia I may have to switch hospitals for employment. Mike