Engine Footprint (FLAT AREA)

Kennneee

Hi Guys- I am getting close to getting a motor for Rosie and need to think about mounting it.  That beautifully curved transom on the Outerbanks needs a flat area for the the engine mount.  I could guess by looking at the standard BIA bolt pattern but thought some input from the forum might save some hassle. Thanks.

Ken

This is my footprint for a 115 Suzuki.  This is 14 wide by 16 high. I think the 90 fits the same footprint. Of course you will need to figure out your curve and then mount your wedges accordingly. Then when you get your engine, you can drill your holes to fit being mindful of the height for your cavitation plate when using a 20 or 25 inch shaft engine. Note that my engine does not sit flat on the transom cap. So you may want to increase the height a bit depending on how you do your final mounting.

IMG_1819.thumb.JPG.862c9487da1c772d07dcd333f70f9761.JPG