Chick Ludwig

Chick's Micro Power Cruiser Project.

Gosh, PAR, you've burst my "bubble of ignorance". Here i thought I was happy with the re=bar tie wire. Just went out and bought me a whole new roll of the stuff.

Heat for removal? i guess you must poxy right over it. I don't do that. i just clip the back, grab hold of the twisted side with my pliers, and pull it out.

For heat, just short out a car battery.  That sucker will get hot in a New York minute!

Copper wire is a lot more pleasant to work with, that’s for sure.  I think I used too light a gage, though.  It kept breaking for me, it I had to really reef down on it.  

My buddy Don R and I paid Chick a visit today.  We took measurements, including eye-to seat height.  Yeah, OK, he’ll be able to see over the cabin top. At least he’ll be able to see the horizon, anyway. 

I don't use the car battery trick, I simply used a torch and heated the exposed end of the wire, which very quickly conducted it. The nice thing about copper wire is you don't have to worry about digging it all out, if some gets buried, but steel would need to come all out.