clear coat finish on polyester

heneksja

Has anyone tried CyrstalLac Exterior Clear Gloss finish on polyester.  I am planning on getting my cloth printed with a dye-sublimation process using a Maryland flag motif.  I got a sample of the printed cloth that I am planning on testing with my finish.  Someone at Woodcraft convinced me that this CyrstalLac stuff would be good.  I am looking at their web site and don't see the exact stuff that I got listed and got a request out to them to see if what I got is the same as their Crabcoat stuff.  But if anyone has experience with their products, I would like to know.  

Also, I don't know how I am going to verify whether the stuff works or not based on the test on my sample cloth.  I can put it on and make sure that it seems to adhere to be fabric, and doesn't crack when the fabric is stretched.   But out side of that, what can I do to assess durability in any kind of rigorous or semi-rigorous way?   I think I read in another post that subjecting it to heat may not be a fair test.    Is the only real way to test is do the whole kayak and take it out on the water for a year and assess the condition?  

If I wouldn't have already bought this stuff, I might have used the Dura-Tuff. 

Not sure about the dye and solvents.  That might be the case that the dyes would be better with water base, but I didn't actually think of that.  

Frankly, I was in the Woodcraft store and told the guys what I was doing, and that is what they recommended.  I didn't see Jeff's post about Dura-Tuff until after I bought the stuff.  

I am going to try it on my sample.   But again, how would I know if it is going to work or not.   Will it be obvious if it isn't adhering to the cloth, or isn't going to last?  

By the way the company got back to me about the product name.  Apparently some distributors wanted to call it something other than Crabcoat, but it is the same thing except for the label.  So it is marine grade, UV protection, and flexible.  So all that is claimed here http://www.crystalac.info/crabcoat---marine.html applies to the stuff I got.  Sounds like an interesting family owned company.  

There does seem to be some confusion about the product I bought.  Apparently I didn't really get the marine grade Crabcoat.  So I thought I would go with the Dura-Tuff that you were suggesting.  But alas, as far as I can tell they don't make it anymore, or it is just out-of-stock everywhere.  The link you supplied doesn't show a price and an "add to cart".  Other places say it is out-of-stock.