Weekend Cruise in Allecat

Rob Blackburn

Hi Rob, I know that beach at Peel Island from my errant youth. I will be up in the home country just after Christmas and hope to sail the 20 mk3 in the Pumicestone and if the weather is good take a little cruise over to Tangalooma departing from Bribie. Will post pictures after Christmas. This will be our first decent cruise in the boat since launching.

Yes, great weekend for sure. Weather was perfect and we came across about fifty, or more... Dugong out on the sand banks. Really amazing.

Why did we add a mizzen, well basically I think the honest answer is in two parts.

1...I put the mainmast in the wrong spot I suspect. I think it should have been about 300mm further aft.  This has corrected the very neutral helm, bordering on lee helm at times.

and

2... Friends have a Bayraider 20 and I just loved the way they can drop the main, sail on jib and mizzen and put in water ballast and keep their hair on. So have put a pump in with some plumbing to fill the side storage tanks if needed (together or singly) and can take on 340 litres which makes a difference.

The other third part to the answer is I am a bit of a tragic and love mucking around with it all. 

All good fun and if nobody sees the bills then it did not cost anything. 

Rob

ps Drew, give us a hoy when you are up this way. Love to see the new improved version III.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...