CS17 #339 launched

acreew

Hello all,

after 4-5 years... she's launched. Wonderful experience all the way around. I have never built anything other than crafts for my kids. Many thanks to this forum for all of the great support and advice. Thank you also to Graham, Carla, and Alan for the excellent plans/support. She sails even better than I hoped/imagined... just amazing! WooHoo!

trouble downloading... will try again

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0490.mov

IMG_0491.mov

Great job and congratulations for getting it done. Seeing that you live only a few hours west of us, you are welcome to bring the boat down and sail it in our waters any time. You do not have to wait for the messabout.

Even though our northern friends have put their boats to bed for the winter, we get a lot of good sailing at this time of the year.

acreew, you're not far from me and a couple of other guys. I'm in Hendersonville. You may want to join our Southern Appalachian Messabout Facebook page. Here's the address:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/401422193348393/

Notice our spring messabout in April. Definitely close to you!

Yes!  Please come to the So. App. Messabout!  It'll be in Rock Hill, SC this year.  If you have any questions, ask Chick or me. 

Your boat is gorgeous.  Can't wait to see it in person.  I hope you get her wet very soon.  I went sailing just yesterday.  (Near Tryon, NC.)  Sure, it was a light air day, but it was so fine to be on the water in late November.  Oddly enough, there were no pontoon boats, jet skis, or water skiers.  Get that white beauty wet!