Firefly skin

heneksja

Any advice on stitching up the fabric for the Firefly?  If I do the double cord stitching with the premium polyester, I heard where you said that might be hard especially around the bifurcated bow.  So could I start with making kind of like a sock with the stitching on the inside and fit over the bow to start with and work from there.  Although I am not sure exactly where the "sock" would stop.  Seems like doing that double cord stitch would be hard when you are doing it over the bow and stern pieces anyway since it would get hard to tuck the ends in when there is no free area underneath for the fabric.  But with the bifurcated bow it would make it even harder.  Do you use a different technique  over the bow?  

Premium fabric will work but it wouldn't be as easy as the Original 8 oz but it could be done.  There is no magic to sewing the bow, just think it through and be willing to remove stitches, back up and start over.

There are several how-to videos on my web site including one on sewing basics.

http://www.kudzucraft.com/web/