A Visit From Graham

Kennneee

I attended  the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival this year.  Got to meet Graham in person and see his beautiful CARLITA.  There was a pretty constant stream of people admiring his boat and the clever details that seem to be in every corner of his boat.  The self steering system was a real crowd pleaser.

After the show Graham sailed his 17' Core Sound to Salt Spring Island were we live.  We tracked his progress via his SPOT link.  Seeing CARLITA come into view was s beautiful sight indeed.  Beauty and function!

Got to know Graham a bit and besides being a WIZARD he is an exceptionally nice guy.  What a treat to share some meals, hike and have him look my Outer Banks over and point out some of his thinking on design.  Here is a link to a few more pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QgFVmWgUK9yqSgBF2

Sweet!

A great opportunity for both of you...master designer and master builder.  The photos are terrific.  Most of the problems associated with boat building in the desert are eventually solvable, but I don't think I'll ever see the designer sailing up to my porch.  Good for you.

Carter

Carter,

The first part about the master designer is spot on.  The second is an act of kindness. I never expected Graham to sail here so who knows if a trip to the desert could be possible.  Carlita is capable of some unexpected feats:).

Ken

You described Graham to a "T", Kennnee.  I couldn't have done better.  At the last few mess-abouts, I was lucky enough to serve him a drink at my campsite. Those discussions are always memorable.  I'm sure you had a few yourself.  It's good that he's making the rounds.  Good for us, him, and his beautiful boats.