Introducing MalwareBytes 3.0 (affiliate link)
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Stewart

B&B Messabout 2017

Alan Stewart    62

Attention all, 

It's approaching fast. I've created a sign up using google forms. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP . We are compiling a list of boats that will be in attendance.  Of course it's not required that you bring a boat but we're always asked what boats will be there. This list will generate automatically. You can see what boats have already registered here

As in years past, we will be having a Friday banquet buffet style dinner at little Italy's restaurant. We will pre-order the buffet so we need anyone who would like to join us to purchase their meal "tickets" in advance as we will order food for that many. There are links to puchase tickets (1 per person, kids 12 and under don't need) or CLICK HERE.

In years past we have tried to do some sailing/boat building/cnc demos. Any good ideas, shoot them our way. 

Can't wait to see you all there!!!

-Alan and the B&B Crew

AmosSwogger    11

Looking forward to seeing everyone there; I'll be tent camping Fri/Sat (my wife and three kids will coming for Saturdays lunch; we live fairly close by).

Chick Ludwig    112

Summer Breeze said she'd be there if she hasn't been adopted yet. Probably the motor canoe, too. we should get there late Friday. If the weather is good, we'll probably stay an extra day or two and have a mini-cruise.

Jknight611    21

We will join you  Chick, we "plan" to make it out to Portsmouth this year.  Understand the mosquitos are hungry! 

Jay an Carol

• Like 1

Steve W    41

Question for all of you that have gone before.

Unfortunately driving this year is out of the question. So......I'm thinking of flying to 1. _________  and then renting a car to come to the Messabout. I could camp (is this a good idea?) or stay somewhere close like _____________? I'm thinking of flying down Friday morning and staying until Sunday. All of this is tentative. I'm going to MASCF and and then my companies office is moving over the weekend of the 10/15. So I have to make a lightning quick strike down. I am really back at the boat hard. I glued the seats down and that feels like a major psychological  turning point. So I want to recon the rigging fine points on the CS II's there and meet all you guys. I just wish I could bring my S11N but its not in the cards.

Steve

Thrillsbe    66

There are commercial flights into New Bern.  The campground around the corner has "trailers for rent", like the old song.  Or you can camp at the shop with your own gear, as I am doing. At the shop there'll be a porta-john and a water hose, but no flush toilet or shower.  If you like, you can borrow my solar shower.  Bayboro has a wonderful seafood restaurant, so I eat there often.  There's a good breakfast diner there, too.  Bayboro is about 10-15 minutes down the road. I look forward to seeing you.

Jknight611    21

Steve, it will be good to meet you.  We will be there 3-4 days early and plan on a little cruise before the Messabout, then we will be back for the weekend.  Rivers Edge campground is where we traditionally stay.  Clean and close. After several revisions our deck hardware is found its permanent locations.  You are welcome to R&D ours if you want

See ya there

Steve W    41

I just booked my flight. I should be there mid afternoon Friday. I had enough points on Southwest so I'm flying into Raleigh/Durham and driving down. I hate that I won't have my own boat, but next year I may have two!

Any musicians at this event?

Take Care,

Steve