Marissa # 63

Riggs

• 4 weeks later...

On 11/18/2017 at 10:28 PM, Riggs said:

It is on the trailer and heading for the shop to get a motor hung in a few days :) Going with a 60 horse yamaha. 

Fast nice work !!

With the weight of that 60 hp I will highly recommend installing  a set of smart tabs  8025220_smart_tabs_5.jpg.29cf77ecd29d2fd1478af570cbaa1d01.jpg

On my marissa  (with suzuki 60  )I put the console 1.5 foot forward ( that should have helped ) and still needed those tabs  . The smart tabs made a huge difference and only than I can say that the boat is perfectly balanced  

Those monster energy drinks make me crazy :D    Yes lotus i have thought about some trim tabs even though  it will be heavier than drawn. I am on the Tchoutacabouffa river in Biloxi MS and there can be a lot of floating debris at times so i have glassed the entire bottom inside and out to much more of an extent than the drawings show.  That being said i agree with you that it might very well need some tabs. My wife is totally happy with the fact that the boat is nearly finished as she is under the impression that i can now finish our house  :unsure:. She does not understand that Allen has shipped and i have picked up  a nice shiny new set of OC20-B Drawings. Lumber for the keel is already hear and will be machined up soon, plywood is on order and will land after Thanksgiving. Maybe i will tell her then :wub:  

I will try to post up some pics of the launch and such when it happens. I hope before Christmas. You all have a good one 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2017 at 12:04 PM, smccormick said:

Don't tell her it's a new boat, just say you had to fix a couple of things on the current one and took it back apart.  Paint them both the same color and scheme, she'll never know the difference.  Otherwise you'll have to hear in the background, "how many boats does he need" like I do.

:rolleyes: Your an evil genius i assume 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone had trouble pronouncing the river in Biloxi that Riggs is on.......Tchoutacabouffa is "shoot-a-ca-buff.  Spent many hours of my youth on that River, Back Bay and Mississippi Sound in anything that floated....what a great place to grow up messing about in boats.  Real nice job on the Marissa Riggs, enjoy.  

23 hours ago, philipgarland said:

If anyone had trouble pronouncing the river in Biloxi that Riggs is on.......Tchoutacabouffa is "shoot-a-ca-buff.  Spent many hours of my youth on that River, Back Bay and Mississippi Sound in anything that floated....what a great place to grow up messing about in boats.  Real nice job on the Marissa Riggs, enjoy.  

You probly no my Father in laws house then. He had a 54 ketch called the vagrant gypsy right there on the river south of I10 . Built his house there so as to be close to his boat which took him 3 years to build down in Honduras.  This is were Marrisa #63 will be living when all finished

DSCN0361.JPG