Marissa # 63

Riggs

Finished up applying and wetting out the mat this weekend. Spent a while knocking of the high spots today and put a coat of resin on for the purpose of filling the weave with a flat spreader. Not sure if i accomplished anything or not. Will have a look in the morning and see  :unsure:

DSCN1890.JPG

DSCN1892.JPG

DSCN1893.JPG

DSCN1894.JPG

DSCN1898.JPG

I put another coat of epoxy on for weave filling purposes today and am now looking towards a hi build filler. My brother told me hit it with awlgrip hi build primer then sand but to be honest i really do not want to spray in there as the clean up would take to long. I took of to the store today and found some Petit protect hi build primer which i took home with me. Now i am looking at it it tell me is for the bottom. Anyone here ever used it or better yet can i use it all over not just the bottom? Have been looking on line and can not find an answer

Hello lads.

Another newbie joining the fray.

Looks good Riggs, making headway at a good clip. At this rate you should be splashed by Christmas.

Thanks for posting all your progress pics (to you and all those before you). I enjoy reading them and seeing each person's perspective on things.

Keep up the good work 

Patch

I used the Pettit primer.  Works good so far.  When applying with a brush I did not get as smooth of a finish.  Rolling worked better.  I made the mistake of painting in my basement shop and the fumes lingered for a long time.  After that all other painting was done in the garage where I could open the garage door and let the fumes vent much quicker.  The Pettit paints had a strong odor but not as bad as the primer.

Hey Guys . Yeah that Pettit primer worked nice but man it is some wicked smelly nasty gear. I ended up with a stand alone ac unit and a mini split on full tilt with a fan in the door while wearing a ventilator to apply it. Wife was complaining she could smell it in her studio which is a good 150' down the garden :)   

It does seem to have done the trick though, gonna get on some sanding over the next few days then maybe some paint. I am looking to do a satin finish but have not found any satin paint that is compatable yet but have not looked to hard yet. Am also thinking along the two tone lines Lotus used on his OC20" out in malta i like that look. Other than that it is looking like i will be having a turn over party next week some time :) Yea

DSCN1899.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

DSCN1901.JPG

DSCN1902.JPG

DSCN1903.JPG

Hey Guys . Yeah that Pettit primer worked nice but man it is some wicked smelly nasty gear. I ended up with a stand alone ac unit and a mini split on full tilt with a fan in the door while wearing a ventilator to apply it. Wife was complaining she could smell it in her studio which is a good 150' down the garden :)   

It does seem to have done the trick though, gonna get on some sanding over the next few days then maybe some paint. I am looking to do a satin finish but have not found any satin paint that is compatable yet but have not looked to hard yet. Am also thinking along the two tone lines Lotus used on his OC20" out in malta i like that look. Other than that it is looking like i will be having a turn over party next week some time :) Yea

So i have a couple coats of paint on and am gonna turn it over as i am sure that will not be the last coat of paint. Infact i am counting on it.  Gonna turn it over on Saturday and get after the fitting out so to speak :)  Gonna make a little cradle for it to sit in while that is being done on the morrow

DSCN1908.JPG

DSCN1909.JPG

DSCN1910.JPG

DSCN1911.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Mix the Electric Sapphire with Jade Green 40/40 and add 20% white and you'll have one of the coolest Turquoise around. I did this about 10 years ago on a Catalina 22 and wow . . . (I got lucky). Don't try to take a picture of it, as I wasn't able to find a film or digital camera that could cope with the color. It came out either too blue or too green and never imaged properly, but in real life it looked great.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i would post a few pics.  Most everything seems to be moving along as it needs to other than the loss of my brain cells due to my growing addition to paint fumes. On the good side the temp here in the south along with the humidity i am hoping will drop allowing me to open up the doors. If not my boat is going to be owned by a cabbage :)

DSCN1989.JPG

DSCN1990.JPG

DSCN1991.JPG

DSCN1992.JPG