Marissa # 63

Riggs

Speaking of beauties. This is my other half's niece and the new Miss World representative for the USA. She'll compete in China this fall, for the title against the rest of the world's offerings. Pictured with her mother, she's got some modeling under her belt, is just over 6' tall and has a 4.0 at Vanderbilt U. Not bad for a 19 year old. 

100_2439.JPG

Got some ply glued down and am working on the chine flats. That ply was making me a little worried as i was bending it into shape but all is well and it has stopped creaking and groaning finally :) I am thinking about adding a little 1x to the outside of the chine flat to aid in the sides going on. Thoughts 

DSCN1842.JPG

DSCN1843.JPG

DSCN1844.JPG

DSCN1845.JPG

DSCN1847.JPG

A few pics of the progress the last few days. Mayor problem reared it's ugly head today. My AC went down :)  After thinking about a little reinforcement to the chine flats i realized that was a bad idea and that i was being a wally so i have given up on that idea. My issue now is trying to figure planing the chine flat and sheeting at the bow so as to achieve a nice finish. I see the tool required used in Grahams build pics but i do not have one. I am trying to think of sommit else the would achieve the same result. 

DSCN1849.JPG

DSCN1850.JPG

DSCN1851.JPG

DSCN1852.JPG

DSCN1853.JPG

side are on and am now starting to fair a little before fibreglass. Needs a little more work here and there specially on the bow. The Ply i bought was not cheap by anymeans but i cannot believe how thin that last veneer is. Barly touch it with a sander and you are into the next layer. 

DSCN1874.JPG

Yeah, this is how it starts, so now you have a cordless shop vacuum. Boat builders need to have a clandestine plan for this sort of thing. Look wait until they go to work, church, ladies night out and borrow whatever you might need, but never get caught, you'll just own a new tool and will be replacing the appliance you "just ruined".

Do yourself a big favor and just go out and buy a dozen roses. Don't tell her why, just tell her she's more than deserving and how much you appreciate her. After the ensuing argument over your being unfaithful (the flowers thing), needing you to account for every ounce of time in the last few weeks and she knowing what you look like naked and accepting the reality of being stuck with you, it'll be all but water under the bridge. Come on, a real boatbuilder can think on his feet, is clever, sneaky and often a bit devious.

• Like 1

If I'm seen doing dishes, she automatically asks what I broke, stole or otherwise warranted the transgression and its self imposed punishment. We have to develop these principles, in order to survive. Otherwise they have us over a barrel and the honey do list grows exponentially. You see, as a rule they're usually smarter than us, so we have to be conniving at times, even downright sneaky if necessary, because we can't possibly own all the tools we might need. Think it through, have a back plan (excuse, possibly some graveling and maybe some faux tears, depending on the perceived offence) and never change your story.

I kinda golden for a while as i just finished building her a she shed :)  She is an artist and now has her own studio. 

On another vain i am starting to think about turning this over. I am an army of one so have to plan.  In my shop i have two 16 1/2 " x 7 1/4 " beams overhead. I placed em when i built it with this in mind :)  What do you guys think about two comalongs and a swivel on the bow to lift and turn off those two beams

DSCN1744.JPG

DSCN1745.JPG

DSCN1746.JPG

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0912.JPG