OB20 or Ocracoke 20B for Chesapeake Bay

CMo

Hello,  I'm a new user to this community.  I've been looking around for a while for plans to build, spent some time looking at Devlin plans, bateau, etc.  I really like the lines of the B and B designs, and everyone in this forum seems very happy with their decision to build these boats.  

I do most of my boating on the Chesapeake Bay near the Magothy River.  It's not open ocean, but it takes a fairly good chop with a significant amount of boat and ship traffic.  I have two small children so I really liked the look of the OB 20 with the cabin.  I grew up boating on my grandfather's Grady White Overnighter 20, and it was a great boat to use with a porta potty and a cabin to take a nap when I didn't feel like fishing. 

That being said, I'm a little worried about the 12-degree deadrise at the transom and the overall light weight of the boat.  Does anyone have one of these that they use in a similar area of water?  My other thought was maybe the Ocracoke 20B and seeing if there were a way to design a door into the Console with a step-down area for a porta-potty.  At the very least it'd be nice to have a place for the little ones to go to the bathroom.

I'm interested in folks opinions, particularly anyone who happens to boat in the area.  Thanks so much.

I would take the time and drive down and visit Graham at his place in Vandemere. He has his own 20 sitting on a trailer and maybe you can get a better feel of the boat's size for you and your family. It may be that you will need to step up to the 24 for four people down the road. Remember the kids will be growing as you build and complete your hull.  And as it relates to the ride,, well its hard to have a low hp. hull and the deep vee bottom that's on many of the fishing style hulls. A leisurely cruising style hull is used a bit differently, which is what I consider these types hulls to be

Thanks to both of you for responding.  That's good to know about the area of water that these boats were designed for, having never been down that way myself.  

I definitely use boats more for cruising around than for fishing, and most of the fishing I do is leisurely drift fishing rather than trolling for rock fish like so many folks around here do.  I think the next step for me will be to get the study plans to look over.