Texas 200

Designer

Carlita and I are leaving tomorrow to participate in the Texas 200   http://www.texas200.com/Route.html

For those not familiar with the event, it is basically a cruise in company from Port Mansfield near the Mexico border for 200 miles to Magnolia beach in Matagorda Bay. There are 63 boats entered so far.

There is a second event called "the hard way" with 20 of the boats choosing that option. The winds are usually fresh from the south east giving a fast reach for the boats going north. The hard way goes from the finish, south against the prevailing winds until meeting up with the north bounders at Mud Island called Camp 3 and then everyone works toward the finish at Magnolia Beach. 

Texas has an Intracoastal Waterway with Outer Banks so that the whole event is in relatively sheltered water.

I will be running my Spot for anyone interested. I did the inaugural T200 back in 08 and am looking forward to doing it again. Being hard headed I have opted to do the hard way.

There are four B&B boats entered plus regular contributor here Charlie Jones.

• Like 1

Speaking of old jokes, I heard some mangy old cat may be prowling Magnolia Beach next Friday.

Mostly to bs and help. This whole year is a scratch. I'm pretending it didn't happen at all. :)

Anyway. Hope you all have a great sail, and I hope you find that dang old cat.

Peace,

Robert

For the heck of it, I looked up the weather at Matagorda Island for today: A mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.  I think that's typical for Texas 200, or maybe even a bit on the cool side.

Well, I missed everyone and everything. Grrr.

I got in Saturday morning, and pitched my tent and went right to sleep. 

I did say "hi" to Graham though. Just hi, too. I was fresh in from a 27 hour nonstop drive, and just pitched my tent and fell asleep. He was gone when I woke up. That handsome, bearded fellow in the Homer Simpson shirt was me, eh.:)

Carlita is nicer looking from ten feet away than on the web.

Nobody was exaggerating the wind at all, either, gang. It blows down here. We didn't sail, though. :)

Peace,

Robert 

IMG_2081.JPG

• Like 2