last season's 50:1 fuel

Randy Jones

Is there a general consensus on how to dispose of last season's gas/oil mix for my two stroke outboard?  I don't have an ancient automobile with a carburetor.  Considering dumping it into the 25 gallon gas tank of my truck for some serious dilution but not sure what it would do to a modern fuel injected engine.  Curious what does everyone else does?

I use stabilizer in my fuel,also. I always us the maximum amount required to keep it for a year. There is usually some left at the end of the season. I just use it the next season and have never had a problem with it. In my case, it's for my four stroke motor and i use the same gas in my mower. Back in the "old days" with gas/oil mix and no stabilzer, I dumped the remaining gas into my vehicle.

Damn Randy, the next time you need a carb rebuild, ship it to me, I'll only charge you $400. Seriously, I do this regularly and can't possibly see how it would cost anything close to that. The best thing with old fuel is to use it or stabilize it. 50:1 is so diluted it's not going to harm much, if further diluted and run through a modern 4 stroke. Just don't let old fuel lay in your outboard's fuel system for very long. Drain it, or run the engine dry.