Turtler's Spring outing on Lake Keowee.

In case some of y'all are beginning to get cabin fever, I thought I'd wet your appetite for Spring. Come along with us as we take a short cruise on one of our purty mountain---well, actually, foothills, lakes.

Turtler has been fussing at me to take miss Debbie for a little outing. (Actually, I think it's just that he wanted to go, but used Miss Debbie as an excuse.) Monday was a warm, non-rainy day, so we took a ride down to Fall Creek landing on Lake Keowee, South Carolina. Nothing much to write about, but I'll just post a few pictures. Miss Debbie wonders how so many folks can afford those big, mansion-like houses, some more like castles. Turtler is jealous of the covered boat docks where the boats live in the water and can go out and play whenever they want.

Many beautiful homes.

DSCN2636.JPG

DSCN2637.JPG

DSCN2638.JPG

DSCN2639.JPG

DSCN2640.JPG

Miss Debbie enjoying the ride.

DSCN2641.JPG

Looking for turtles in this cove, but they haven't emerged from their winter naps.

DSCN2642.JPG

DSCN2643.JPG

DSCN2644.JPG

you can look all the way through the "tunnel".

DSCN2645.JPG

The islands and shore are slowly eroding away. I wonder how long it will take to fill the lake?

DSCN2646.JPG

This is how to navigate the lake. The islands are numbered. If you have a lake chart, you can find your way around.

DSCN2647.JPG

DSCN2648.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 months later...