Videos Please!

benhardt57

I'm kinda disappointed at how few videos there are to watch of these beautiful boats out on the water. I did a quick internet search and found several water-proof action cameras for 50 bucks or less!

Can we get a new folder where folks can post a You-tube link and give some brief details like, boat model and location, maybe length of trip? I would love to see how they perform under various conditions.

Getting good video, or even still photos of your own boat in use is a nuisance at best for most people.  You have to make a point of going with a couple boats and make time.  But for anyone who does, I will look at them.  That is 3/4 of the reason I stay active here even when not actively building.

Yup! Good videos are very hard to do. Never been happy with the ones I have done and eventually I am going to redo some of them. On my list next is a one comparing the different fabrics so that people can see the difference. May be building another boat this summer and may document the whole process this time which would serve to replace some of the old ones.

Jeff,

Please don't mistake my post for criticism of you or your videos. They are making my build effort much easier! I have gone back and watched some of them more than once.

My point was to challenge the community to show us their kayaking experiences. I agree with Dave about it being difficult, but hey, if people put action cameras on surfboards, motorcycles and dogs, why not kayaks? I know long kayak trips could be monotonous to watch, but seeing the highlights would be very cool. In my opinion.

More snow in the forecast here on Friday! Yay! Not!  :angry: I'm hoping to post a FROG soon.

Ben

• Like 1