Stonefly frame locations

Hello All,

I am new to this Forum. I have plans to build the "Stonefly" canoe. I have a general question about the placement of the 1/2 inch plywwood frames. So, if the plans say the placement is at 2' 0", does this mean that the center line of the frame is 2' 0" , or would this be the position of the brackets ? I have tried to find the answer to this in Jeff's plans and building manual. , as well as this forum, but have yet to have my question resolved. Thank you in advance for the answer.

Edited by WI.northern exposure

• 1 year later...

That is interesting. My thought would be that they go on the down hill side of the line - so if the hull tapers to the left then put it on the left side of the mark. That way when you shape the frames stringer/gunwall cutout a bit so the stringer/gunwall sits nice against the frame the point where the frame is on the line has not been altered.

Not much in it in the centre of the hull but a couple of mm in at at the end frames.

What do you think?

cheers Tony