two piece sliding hatches

Randy Jones

I like the sliding hatch with garage on the CS17 Mk3.  Is there a similar design with two sliding sections?  I have 68 inches of available cabin top length and would like to maximize the hatch opening by using a two section sliding hatch.  Seems I've seen it somewhere but can't find it.

Both of my hatches slide. The companionway hatch slides forward, and the forward hatch slides aft. If one is open, the other is closed, or both half open. I don't have a garage, but could. If you mean having a two section companionway hatch so you'll have a longer opening, Graham was working on a design, but I don't think he finished it. One section slid under the other, and they both slid all the way forward under a garage. I'm not sure what the name of the thread was on the forum. Someone will remember.