Temporary construction frame/bulkheads for S10N?

BoatBumm

I'm finally assembling the S10N kit that I bought in 2015.  So far so good, but I'm confused about the "temporary frame" mentioned in the instructions, and shown in some of the assembly photos, I presume that I should use the two bulkheads that separate the two halves of the boat as a pattern to make the temporary frame.  In the instructions, under the section titled "The forward bulkhead", it says in the second paragraph: "Take a forward cockpit side and push it through the vertical slot in the temporary frame, you have to bend the cockpit side a lot to get it in position.  Push the tenon through the mortise slot in the forward bulkhead, cut a small wedge and drive it into the hole on the forward side of the bulkhead to tighten the joint.  DO the same on the other side.  ..."  I have carefully studied the parts supplied and this portion of the instructions make NO sense to me.  Perhaps these refer to the non-nesting version?  Can somebody provide more information about this step and the "temporary frame"?  Help!

BoatBumm,

Sorry for the confusion. The temporary frame typically used in the non nesting version to set the beam of the hull is replaced in your case with the two separating bulkheads as you correctly thought. The part of the instructions you quoted about the cockpit sides and the tenons is not applicable to the nesting version because of the lack of cockpit sides in the nesting hull. 

Michael Niemi did a great video of the butterfly step no the S10N and also lots of great older pictures on his blog. 

Video: 

Blog: http://svbreakaway.info/dinghy-project2.php#butterfly

Hope that clears it up

-Alan