compass wanted

Chick Ludwig

Drop me a line Chick, I have a pretty good condition one (Ritchie) and another out of the dash of and old Cesina that will also do. The Ritchie isn't a bulkhead mount, but I made an oak bracket so it could be. The Cesina piece is the typical exposed screw bulkhead mount. You'll have to blow the dust of them. FWIW, the cheaper Ritchie's are about $40 at full retail, so the local flea market can yield one for less than 1/2 I'd guess.

Paul, the one I'm looking for would have to be set into the bulkhead. It will be in the aft face of the bridge deck, so can't project much. I've looked at the Ritchie V-527 Kayak Compass - Bulkhea...$63.51 and the Ritchie Venture Marine Sailboat Bulkhead LED CombiDial Compass with Clinometer  for $158.99

I really like the Venture, but it's way over my budget. I guess I can afford the V-527, but I'd like a use one for half that.

(Sorry about the font size and color. I copy and pasted.) 

• 4 weeks later...