Inexpensive portlight

zumwaltd

Has anyone experience with this cheaper portlight found on Ebay?  (link below)  I want 4 round and one rectangular portlight for my Belhaven. I am aware these don't have screens.  I suspect for the rectangular portlight in the front of the cabin I will want a screen to keep the bugs out.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Round-Opening-Portlight-Porthole-8-Replacement-Window-Port-Hole-ABS-/181638144245?hash=item2a4a7a20f5:g:csYAAOSwa39UsJqq&vxp=mtr

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I have no experience with those particular lights but can pass along some things learned with my similar rectangular lights.

1. Check placement to make sure those knobs don't hit you in the back of the head when sitting.

2. A port like this installed in the sloped front of the cabin will trap water, and if it doesn't seal well it will drip on your sleeping bag.

3. On my Belhaven the forward port needs to be opened and the main boom stuck through it in order to work the boom into the cabin. Now that I've changed it to a fixed port I can't put the boom into the cabin.

Just some things to consider.

Would love to see photos of your progress.  The world needs more Belhaven's