Taylor and Alan's CS-20 MK3 #15

Alan Stewart

Now why didn't I think of standing the side and bottom panels on edge to install the stiffeners. You ARE the Master. That's always been awkward to do by myself.

Glad you're finally getting back to your own boat. of course, you know you'll not have time to actually go cruising, don't ya?

Thanks Steve and Don. The paint is sprayed on Alexseal two part poly with Awlgrip spray converter and thinned 25% with Awlgrip spray reducer. Alexseal paint is slightly cheaper and we prefer Awlgrips converter and reducer as it just seems to work better. It is one of my best paint jobs and i'm very happy with it. The blue on the transom promptly printed trough as expected but still nice and glossy. 

Chick, I can dream :)

• 1 month later...

A hull is born!

Last night we unfolded our CS20 Mk3 hull. More photos here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/22Tfg2WR5pTSBHyw1

SInce it was just the two of us I made good use of some very nice 5x10" beams that run across the ceiling of the garage. Some lines down to the side panels acted the part of extra people to help let the sides down slowly. A line around the stern end kept everything in later. 

I was a little concerned that the hull bottom panels would be too brittle to take the bend since they've been artificially drying in my air conditioned garage for a few months now. The ply feels very very dry and Graham has had issues folding boats indoors for that reason before. I was prepared to pour some boiling water from a tea pot on the outside bottom panels as soon as I got too scared to continue but it was not necessary. No issues whatsoever, the bends were not too severe at all. In fact I used a spreader to push the sides out and intended to do it little by little but I grabbed the fwd bulkhead to try and I had already spread the hull TOO FAR. So she reached her final shape without issue after all. We have a video of the unfolding which I will upload soon. 

hawQodG3fRRVhcar2wVvwe5tSA2e9Axnty60Pxu-

WjSZObqOFJa1Cr06NkkPC_Jb-Qe1vXtKCbUJpbVf

• Like 1

Excellent! I confirmed that I want one of these when I climbed aboard Greybeard's MK3 after the EC.  I was surprised that the cabin is roomier than I expected.  

Motivation to take on another major project is lacking, however, when there is so much right with the MK1. 

• Like 1