Introducing MalwareBytes 3.0 (affiliate link)
Kennneee

Outer Banks 26 #1

Kennneee    9

Steve- The Festool stuff is really pricey but saves lots of time.  Dominos are WAY stronger than biscuits.  I have used them in lots of applications and never a failure.  Check out the chairs in the link below.  For years I did complicated and time consuming chair joinery and made these with dominos.  They seem bulletproof. The time saving on this set was worth thenprice of the machine.

https://goo.gl/photos/WgFq3WJjAQjQLLiPA

cheers,

Ken

DaveH    1

Ken,

After constructing a plywood cabinet with some decorative trim, I bask in my glory of being a self proclaimed accomplished woodworker.  After viewing your furniture project pictures, I return to the reality that there's the woodworker varsity and junior varsity.  You sir are a letterman on the varsity.  I'm a struggling freshman on the junior varsity.

What I most admire about woodworkers such as you and Tom Lathrop is that you understand the properties of wood and how to make the wood go where you want it to go and be happy staying  there.  To this, add in artistic creativity and you all inspire woodworkers like me to strive harder.  Thank you!

No doubt the interior of your boat will be magnificent in design and finish.  I wish you were way ahead of my build so I could have stolen your expected clever design and fabrication techniques. 

On the junior varsity we still use biscuit cutters.  I have yet to replace the broken springs on mine so I have to manually retract  the cutting blade.  A penny saved is a finger cut off.  

When the Dow Jones hits 25,000 I'll start shopping for a Festool domino cutter.  

Cheers! 

Kennneee    9

Dave- Thanks for the kudos.  Funny you should say all that since I periodically look at your Blujacket build and have moments of near panic looking at all of your thoughtful and amazing detailing.  I think we all have a lot to learn from each other and that is the beauty of this community.

I thought of calling you the other day to get some advice on a few of your details.  I am away from home for a few days trying to think about somthing other than my OB26.  BUSTED! What am I doing on this site??

Cheers,

Ken