Need some input on classes

Kudzu

I realize many of you would not be interested in classes but pretend you are and give me some input please.

Suddenly after searching for years, I have two new locations I can hold classes. They are very different and I while I could do both, I doubt I would have enough interest.

First location is summer camp location. Well outside of town, remote area, new facility still under development. Cafeteria, bunkhouses and small motel style rooms for guests. Location is nice, on a free flowing river, lots of woods and not much else around. Class would cost around $1450 including room and board. There is a Environmental group based there and they would probably offer us some distractions but really not much else entertainment wise other than a camp fire at night.

Second location is in Guntersville. We are a small town but good restaurants, lots of fast food, bars and such too.  Very large beautiful lake and the location is spectacular, right on the water with a panoramic view of the lake. Not going to affect the class but it is nice to take a break and launch you boat right there. Class, due the rent of the buildings would be $1,395.  No food or lodging

But,there are vacation rentals and campgrounds so you could bring your family and rent a lake house of camp and family could enjoy a vacation while you built you boat. If you have two or three people who wanted a class, I can set up a special class assuming the building is not rented. Probably always available in the winter.

Talk to be about these and tell me what you think.

Personally, I'd rather the camp. I think maybe I'd be more inclined to laser focus on the boat if there were no other distractions, including finding food, and travel to and from lodgings. Easier to put in full days, and get good rest, you know?

Plus, if you're in the sticks, no need to fear "missing" anything, because even small towns got cool stuff.

Just my opinion, but I think it would be nicer. The atmosphere and all.

Good luck, either way, and let us know what happens.

Peace,

Robert

The first one sounds perfect for a Boy Scout group or summer camp type of project but the seconds sounds better for a couple or family. Like you said, it would be more of a week vacation at the lake for the non-builders of the family.

The second would cost more due to room and board but the non-builder side of the relationship might enjoy it more - which may allow more people to go in the first place.

New here but very interested in attending a building class. I would second bylawren and would prefer to arrange for my own accommodations. If you schedule a class, I would need a minimum of 4 months notice to arrange my work schedule. Please keep us posted.

I like the summer camp option because, 1) it's way cheaper for the student, 2) it would be easier to extend the shop time into the evening, with everybody billeted on-site, 3) more time to get to know each other (that could be good or bad), and 4) I'll take a camp fire over hotel TV any day.