We finally got out on the water today, this was the second attempt at sailing Dark Wind.
The first time I had steering issues, the control line was over wrapping itself causing it to only
turn one way correctly. So I rewired it . I moved the hole through the steering shaft aft an inch
and a half letting the line lead better, It worked great no overrides.
We also put a battery in the companion way box for a trolling motor, turned out well but the main sheet
got caught on the motor head a time or two. I'll have to find a work around that.
Winds today were 15-18mph with gusts to 28mph, but dangit we were going sailing!
So here are some on the fly shots,
That last picture say's it all!
All in all a good day, 15min set up, a two hour or so sail, 15min take down and an hour and a half talking
about D.W. to everyone who stopped by too admire it, one guy even knew what it was.